Thursday, January 16, 2014

New Surgery Date. Cancer Free

Ok Feb 18th is my new surgery date.  I tell you February must be my surgery month..lol  The good thing about February is that on the 15th I will be cancer free for 2 years YAYYYYYY MEEEE!!!.  At least I get to celebrate it before surgery.  I encourage all women of any age to do a self breast exam every month.  if you don't know how check out this link  self breast exam.  Did you know 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.  And young women are not excluded anymore. If you feel anything that is different about your breast get it checked out.  And please don't think that if the lump hurts that it is not cancer.  My cancer lump did hurt. When I had the mammogram it found a second lump that I didn't feel and when I had surgery they found a 3rd lump deeper in my breast.  But the best part was it was found very early.  No chemo, no radiation needed. just hormonal therapy.  Hormonal therapy has been challenging but not as bad as the previous 2.  I feel very blessed that this is all I have to deal with.  The brain tumor is not cancer but would be a big problem if I leave it alone so it got to go.  The surgeon says I will be back to "normal" once it is gone...  well as normal as I can be...lol. 

Now I have a little more time to prepare my life for surgery.  I guess after going thru 4 previous surgeries I know what needs to be done for my family and home and me  to help our lives run smooth as possible during my recovery.   I also have more time to loose some weight before the 18th.  Well try to be healthier before the surgery.  So aqua fitness here I come  :).

No comments: