Monday, March 10, 2014

Week 3 of Recovery

Week 3 of recovery has been a learning experience.  I have my good days and bad days.  I dunno if I will call it "bad days" maybe more like bad hours.  I have started getting a pain at the incision site.  The PA said that it is the nerves waking up.  I am still numb on some parts of my head.  I do get headaches but not as bad as it was before the surgery.  I am learning my limits.  Like I can bend over but not too much and not too long before my head starts to hurt.  I can walk without the walker. I can't walk at my normal pace.  I have to walk much slower or I will become very dizzy. I can't sleep laying down yet. Too much pressure in my head when I do.  Lots of noise and lights and movement still bother me.... just too much stimulus to the brain.  I feel good.  I can taste food again.  My appetite is back somewhat.  I don't eat a lot at one sitting.  I can cook just not large meals.  Driving is still out.  Looking forward to getting my independence back.  I have been crocheting a lot more and listening to audio books.  The fatigue is still there but I know it will take time to build my stamina back.  I m getting stronger everyday.  Even on the days I feel bad.  I focus on what I can do and each day I am able to do a little more.  I'm not rushing myself cause I am dealing with my brain. My scar is healing well.  I thank God for blessing me with an easy recovery and the warm weather...lol  I can start walking outside now... Yayyyyy!!!

No comments: