Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Surgery Postponed

I don't know if it is good news or bad news..... The Neurosurgeon called me himself last night to let me know he wants to reschedule my surgery because his people took another look at my films and saw that I do not have an acoustic neuroma but I do have meningioma.  He said it is a more fibrous tumor and the nerve wraps itself around the tumor, so he wants more monitoring during the surgery.

Honestly I just want to sit in a corner and cry out of frustration.  I was getting myself in a good mental state for this surgery.  I don't want to have to take anything for my nerves.  I just want this over with.  The risks are still the same.  Hearing loss and partial loss of feeling on the right side of my face etc. etc.etc.  I'm trusting God that I will come out of this even better than I went into it.  Hey maybe God just needed more time to shrink the tumor so I don't even need surgery.  I can only pray.

So I wait for the call with the new surgery date.

No comments: