Monday, November 26, 2012

New Meds

Well Since I am post menopausal, I was taken off of tamoxifen and was given letrozole (brand name Femara).  I am a little nervous about taking it because of the side effect.  Here are some of the common ones
  • dizziness, drowsiness, weakness, tired feeling;
  • hot flashes, warmth in your face or chest;
  • flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
  • headache;
  • nausea, constipation;
  • bone pain, muscle or joint pain;
  • numbness, tingling, weakness, or stiffness in your hand or fingers;
  • pain in your hand that spreads to your arm, wrist, forearm, or shoulder;
  • night sweats; or
  • weight gain.

    And this is not all of the side effects.   Some women have had hair loss.  I had to get a bone scan because it is know to cause bone loss. Yes this makes me a little nervous and if I don't take it I have a 46% chance of the cancer coming back.  This cancer thing sucks.

    Just when I am feeling close to normal, my body is thrown out of wack again.  *Big Sigh*  God has gotten me this far.  I know I will be fine.  This is just another path on my journey.  I am getting tired of these rough bumpy roads He has me on...lol  Goodness I guess he is making me tougher to handle the next patch of road.  God only knows the plan and I trust that He has my best interest at heart.

    My hand is healing from the burn and the pulled muscle is healing,  I am able to move around very close to normal (without as much pain).  Well me on coumadin... still working on that.  My INR keeps going up and down.  I think a lot of it is from my change of my meds.  I will have it under control soon.

     I am really starting to think what is more important..Quality of life or Quantity.

No comments: