Sunday, November 11, 2012

Bowling Against Breast Cancer

Nov 3rd 2012 was the Candice J Bradby Breast Cancer Survivors Association's  1st Bowling Against Breast Cancer event.  One of the women of my church started this association while I was in the hospital.  She had introduced me to one of her friends and was telling them how inspired she was by my strength thru the last 10 months of my life.  I was very touch at how much she thought of me it brought tears to my eyes.  To me giving up is not an option, giving in is not an option, being a victim to cancer was not an option.

My younger sister Cherie was diagnosed with leukemia at the age of 8.  Her Dr. told me she wouldn't going to live to graduate high school.  That broke my heart. BUT Cherie being the tough little girl she was kept telling everybody "I'm not going to die".  Even when she was at her sickest, she kept saying she was not going to die.  She went thru chemo and some real harsh meds and she graduated college and is living with a great husband and 2 wonderful kids.  If that little girl can fight cancer I knew I had to because I was the BIG sister.  Couldn't let her show me up...lol

I was also surprised by my daughter who LIED to me by telling me she couldn't make it.  When she came thru those doors my heart just jumped... I almost burst into tears but too many pics were being taken and I didn't want to mess up my make up...lol   I had a great time, many that came out had some great family time also.  I am so excited about this association.  I got many ideas going thru my head.  I want to educate women about early detection and how it can make a huge difference in your life and I also want to help out cancer patients with the financial burden of cancer treatments and just provide support for the patients and family.

So last night is just the beginning, I am so excited

No comments: