Well I met with my oncologist yesterday. She explained my pathology report in more detail to me. She also answered all my questions. I left that appointment feeling very informed and a little more equipped. I found out that I had 4 lymph nodes removed instead of 1. And I had what she considers"good cancer" and my oncotype score was not bad. she gave me the impression that she isn't completely sold on me benefiting from chemo. Since I am only 5 weeks out from surgery, we still have time to decide on treatment.
I know all the pros and cons now. pros for taking the chemo:
1. Reduces the chances of the cancer coming back in 10 years from 15% to 12%
2. I will loose the hair on my legs = no shaving this summer..lol
3. I will only need 4 rounds chemo
4. I will save money on hair care products.
Ok the cons of chemo
1. I finally let my hair grow...bye bye ( this is not fair, can't I just loose my leg hair)
2. my reconstruction will have to be postponed until 6 weeks after chemo (I really don't like this one) Instead of having it done in May or June.
3. good chance it will make me infertile
4. wearing a wig in the summer is HOT
5. no amusement parks for me this summer
6. toxic meds will be going thru my body
7. it's not 100% that the cancer won't come back some place else on my body
8. I will loose my eyebrows and eye lashes ( OH **** NOO) I don't want to be drawing on my face to look normal, it will be bad enough that I have 1 fake boob. the hair everywhere else can go. Leave the hair on my head..lol
9. Other chemo side effects.....yuck
10. fibromyalgia and chemo does not sound like a good combo.
That's all I can think of now. If I look at it from the positive side. without it I have a 85% chance of it not coming back some place else. 85% is not bad. Plus with a healthy diet and lifestyle I should be good to go. I have put this in God's hands. He did tell me to wait to make a decision. So I am waiting right now. I have time. So chemo or no chemo.... I don't know yet.