Saturday, January 28, 2012

More testing

Well I had  genetic testing and I don't carry the BRAC 1 or 2 gene for breast cancer... so that is good news.  I had an MRI done on Jan 18th.  That was no fun.  Met with the Dr. on Jan. 24th. I had to have another biopsy cause some calcification was found on the MRI. Also found out what they recommended for me. The treatment plan is that to have a mastectomy with immediate reconstruction of the right breast, no lymph nodes removed, plus no chemo or radiation. I got a call on Jan. 20th from my Dr.  they had found more cancer. So the mastectomy is the best for me. Now I wait for my Dr. to find a plastic surgeon that takes my insurance so we can plan my surgery.  I'm scared and excited at the same time because I will be even stronger in mind, body and spirit after all is said and done.


No comments: