Thursday, July 10, 2014

Post OP 5 months - 2 weeks NO pain meds!!!!

I want to cry.  It has been 2 weeks and I haven't taken any pain meds. not even a Tylenol.  I am 44 and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 25.  I have been in some kind of pain every day of my life since. No more migraines...even with the crazy weather we have had.  Normally when the weather would change I would feel it in my head(barometer head)  I haven't gotten it in 2 weeks. I'm not trying to sell you anything, I just want to let you know what works for me and how I'm doing.  Since the brain surgery I would get these sharp pains in my head like electric shocks.  They would stop me in my tracks. Haven't been shocked in 2 weeks.  Now don't get me wrong I am still tender at the surgery site... I don't think I will be getting my hair braided anytime soon....lol.  I do still get these weird sensations in my head.  I can't say it hurts,  just a weird tingling feeling.  I called my Neurosurgeon yesterday for my 6 month checkup.  HAHA he was surprised how well I was doing after 2 weeks wait until he sees me now! Goodness I have so much more energy but some days I still need to nap but only for 30min at the most not 1-2 hours like before.  I just feel like a more productive human being.  I can't thank God enough for showing me THRIVE.  So many meds I have been able to stop.  I was taking a mild antidepressant because of the breast cancer meds... mainly for hot flashes(which I use to get several an hour) and for mood swings because of the surgical menopause I'm in. The hot flashes have calmed down tremendously and my mood.  I am normally a positive person but I am even more now... if that is possible...lol

God has been so so so good to me.  He promised me that cancer wasn't going to kill me and He would handle the brain tumor and now He has controlled my fibromyalgia. I trusted God and asked for help when I needed and put it in God's hands when it was too much for me to handle. I give Him ALL the glory.  He knows how skeptical I am.  He had 2 people come to me at 2 totally different places to tell me about THRIVE.  Because I heard about it but didn't believe and just thought it was something like Herbalife which I tried and it didn't do much for my health or pocket. But with someone telling me about it at church(he is also a good friend of my husband) and a total stranger at a yardsale in the same weekend I had to give it a try.  God knows me ..lol  He knows I'm hard-headed and need convincing.  So when my husband tried his sample and I saw how great he felt and when he didn't need his antacids before bed like many many nights before and didn't have the desire to snack  (this man was the snack monster...lol) I knew I wanted to try.

2 weeks later all I can do is cry tears of joy.  I haven't felt this good since my early 20's.  I use to wonder if I would ever feel normal. Now I am.  I go to my Oncologist next week for bloodwork because they thought the cancer was trying to come back because certain levels were elevated, the PET scan didn't find anything so i go for bloodwork again.  I can't wait for her to see me and see how well I'm doing. I believe my levels were elevated because of the pain meds I was taking back then.  Since I don't take them I know my levels will be back to normal.

Now don't get me wrong.. I do eat healthier and I exercise (some).  But THRIVE just makes it easier.  If possible just try it.  What harm will it do?  not work?  Then you lost nothing but if it does??????????  WOW You will gain a new outlook on life.  All I can say I am Thankful for how I feel after years almost 25 years of pain.  Got me crying as I type this.  Thank You God.... Thank You, Thank You.


www.candyb.le-vel.com 
I would like a sample inbox me on facebook or leave a message here.  :)

No comments: